REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
OLD MAYHEW ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS
CITY OF STARKVILLE, MS
The City of Starkville, MS is seeking a Statement of Qualifications from qualified engineering firms interested in providing design services related to the Old Mayhew Roadway Improvements Project.
The project will generally consist of professional design services related to improvements on Old Mayhew Road from East Lee Boulevard to Mississippi Highway 182. Primary goals of the projects include:
- Full rehabilitation and/or reclamation of Old Mayhew Road;
- Realignment of the intersection of Old Mayhew Road and East Lee Boulevard to provide safer and more efficient traffic and pedestrian circulation;
- Pedestrian access via sidewalk or other similar improvements from the intersection of East Lee Boulevard and Old Mayhew Road to Bardwell Road.
The project shall include any design services related and necessary to provide constructions plans, specifications, and estimates for these goals including but not limited to:
- Review of any relevant traffic, pedestrian, and masterplan studies currently available for the City of Starkville, Mississippi State University, and Oktibbeha County related to the general project area;
- Surveys to establish locations of right-of-way, utilities, existing site features, and topography;
- Providing at least two conceptual roadway sections that provide full rehabilitation and/or reclamation of Old Mayhew Road based on a geotechnical analysis;
- Providing two conceptual realignment options of the intersection of Old Mayhew Road and East Lee Boulevard;
- Providing a pedestrian connection from the intersection of East Lee Boulevard and Old Mayhew Road to Bardwell Road;
- Coordinating with Mississippi State University and the City of Starkville for transportation needs related to the Starkville-MSU Area Rapid Transit (SMART) system;
- Receiving and incorporating any and all feedback from the City of Starkville Development Review Committee;
- Providing assistance in obtaining any necessary local, state, and/or federal permits for the work;
- Assisting the City through the public procurement and bidding process including providing a full bid packet and assistance in conducting a preconstruction conference;
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
The Statement of Qualifications shall include the following information:
- The legal firm name of the primary Consultant on the cover and appropriately located throughout the response (letterhead, header, and/or footer);
- A brief description of the experience and capabilities of the primary firm;
- All firms must be in compliance with Chapter 13 of Title 73 of the Code of Mississippi. The Response shall include names, resumes and registration numbers of individuals involved in this project. Resumes may be submitted, and will not be accounted against the fifteen (15) page limit.
- Include a statement of availability and adequacy in both quality and number of staff to perform proposed services;
- Statement of experience in the fields of proposed services and projects similar in nature that has been completed in the past seven (7) years. Include proposed staff names and experience for both in-house staff as well as those to be acquired from outside sources. For example projects, include project cost, consulting fee, planned completion date, and actual/scheduled completion date;
- List of work that will be completed both in house as well as those to be completed by outside sources;
- Organizational chart of each team member to be assigned to the project;
- A bar chart, Gantt chart, or other similar method to indicate the weekly time frame estimated for phases of the design, subsequent to receiving a Notice to Proceed from the City. The schedule should include timing of deliverables.
SUBMITTAL OF STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Interested firms shall submit five (5) paper copies and one (1) digital copy of the Statement of Qualifications for the work outlined above. The RFQ response shall be limited to fifteen (15) singled-sided 8.5” x 11” pages. The RFQ package shall identify the submittal for:
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
DESIGN SERVICES FOR THE OLD MAYHEW ROADWAY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Statement of Qualifications shall be received no later than 2:00 P.M. Local Time, June 8th, 2023, in the Office of the City Clerk located at City Hall, 110 W Main St., Starkville, MS 39759. Responses received after this time will not be accepted. The City of Starkville reserves the right to accept or reject any or all responses, or to cancel this request in part or in its entirety.
Consultant selection will be based on evaluation of the following:
- Responsiveness to the RFQ (15 points);
- Demonstrated Competence and Qualifications of lead Project Manager (15 points);
- Demonstrated Competence and Qualifications of Project Team’s Staff (15 points);
- Applicable experience of the Consultant (and any sub-consultants) with similar work completed during the past seven (7) years (15 points);
- Technical approach to accomplishing the services listed in the RFQ (15 points);
- Consultant’s ability to meet desired schedule (15 points);
- Proximity to the project location (10 points).
CONSULTANT SELECTION PROCESS
Once Statement of Qualification responses are received, such will be evaluated by a consultant selection committee to select the best qualified firm to negotiate a detailed scope of services, terms and conditions relating to the design services of the Old Mayhew Roadway Improvements Project for the City of Starkville.
POINT OF CONTACT
Questions and inquiries shall be directed to Cody Burnett, City Engineer, City of Starkville, at or at (662) 323-2525 x. 3123.
The City of Starkville will not be responsible for costs incurred by anyone in the submittal of qualifications or for any cost incurred prior to contract execution. The Request for Qualifications is not to be construed as a contract or as a commitment of any kind. All responses shall be held confidential from other parties by the City to the extent allowable by law. However, confidential or sensitive information should not be included if the applicant wants to protect that information. The use of subcontractors as described by the Consultant in the Statement of Qualifications and subsequent approved and signed contract with the City of Starkville Board of Aldermen is allowed in this project. The selected Consultant is responsible for billing and paying of any subcontractors they employ on the project. The selected Consultant is responsible for insurance requirements. The City of Starkville reserves the sole right to:
- Evaluate the qualifications submitted;
- Waive any irregularities within;
- Select candidates for the submittal of more detailed qualifications and presentation if necessary;
- Accept any submittal or portion of a submittal; and/or
- Reject any or all submittals solely at its discretion.
Publish: 5/19/2023, 5/23,2023