What is 311?
311 is an access number that allows people in Starkville, MS and most of Oktibbeha County to request non- emergency assistance with city services. Because it is easy to use and easy to remember, 311 can help improve service delivery to residents, workers and visitors in Starkville.
• 311 allows you to request information and city services more easily, and enables agencies to handle those requests more efficiently.
When should I call 311?
You should call 311 to request city services and information. Examples of typical 311 calls include:
• Animal control problems
• Trash pickup problems
• Tree in the road
• Water line breakage
• Illegally parked vehicles or vehicles blocking alleys or driveways, but that are not blocking traffic flow
• City agency phone numbers, addresses and hours of operations
• All other city services, such as Public Works, Motor Vehicles, Human Services, and the Mayor’s Office
Who answers 311 calls?
• Highly trained call-takers answer all 311 calls. The goal is to answer all calls for service quickly and effectively and to provide the appropriate response in all instances.
• In addition, 311 is completely accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing.
What if I dial the wrong number?
The professionals who answer 311 calls will ensure that you receive emergency assistance even if you call 311 by mistake.
What if I can't get through?
Practically all government, business, cellular, and pay phones have been connected with 311. However, we are interested in learning if any callers are having trouble connecting with 311. If you cannot get through using 311:
• Call 662-323-2525 to report your non-emergency. Leave a message concerning the location and service provider of the phone that would not connect with 311. (This will help us follow up with the provider.)
With your assistance, we can help ensure that everyone who lives in, works in, or visits the City of Starkville will have quick and easy access to services through 311.